We have trained technicians available to service your TEC, TXP, Stealth, and Onsyte thermal printers. We take pride in servicing your printer whether it needs a standard clean up or a print head installation.
Do you need a Printer Clean Up?
- Clean Up Price $149.99
- Shipping Guidelines when sending in your printer for cleanup (see text box below)
- Clean Up Request Form (to create an RMA) (Need Printer Info/Serial Number, Issue)
- Other Services (Install a Printhead, Part Replacement, Printer Diagnostics)
Send your Printer/Printers to Specialty Tag using the following guidelines:
- Contact Specialty Tag & Label, Inc. at 1-800-475-2040 and obtain an RMA number for your Clean up or Repair.
- Remove the front extension plate from your printer if applicable.
- Ship your printer with the print head in the up or disengaged position.
- Ship only your printer. Do not ship accessories such as ribbon, tags, or power cable. We will not be responsible for these items.
- Carefully pack your printer in a proper printer carton using Styrofoam inserts. These inserts can be purchased if you did not keep them from your original purchase. Please do not use foam packing peanuts.
- Clearly write your RMA# on the outside of the box.
- Send your printer a trackable way with insurance to the following address:
Specialty Tag & Label, Inc.
3963 Falcon Parkway
Flowery Branch, GA30542
- Inspect Drive Roller surface for cracks & cuts
- Inspect roller drive belts
- Inspect and lube outer roller drive bearings (TXP model only)
- Inspect communication electronics
- Inspect wiring connections
- Inspect head open switch
- Inspect ribbon roller sensor lenses
- Inspect ribbon path for obstructions
- Inspect ribbon holder alignment
- Inspect ribbon saver operation
- Inspect ribbon error circuit for latest modifications
- Inspect button panel for broken buttons
- Inspect label holder, tighten, adjust holder fins, insure proper operation
- Inspect and clean gap sensor lenses
- Inspect operation of head engagement mechanism including rear pinch roller
- Inspect fan motor
- Inspect overall condition of cover (hinges, handle and window)
- Inspect rear anchor screw
- Test print head condition, Adjust print head angles if required